There are several updates on flood protection initiatives in Rocky Ripple that we wanted to share with you. As always, we welcome your questions and discussion to understand this somewhat complicated issue. As we will all need to contribute input on what our future flood protection will look like, Town Council President Carla Gaff-Clark has put together a summary of her thoughts to assist in understanding the issue. Listed below are links to pages on this website that contain the following: Carla’s message (which was also posted on Next Door), the final AECOM report regarding flood protection options along the river, AECOM’s response to the town board’s questions on the draft report, a link to the City’s Northside Floodwall project website, which was recently updated with the latest developments, and finally a copy of a card being mailed by the Indy DPW regarding vegetation removal along the canal and Westfield Blvd that will start shortly.
- Explanation message regarding current flood protection initiatives from Rocky Ripple Town Board President Carla Gaff Clark 26-Feb-2017: carla-thoughts-on-the-levee-final
- Link to City of Indianapolis Northside Floodwall Project Website: goo.gl/KVM5TG
- Notification Card regarding vegetation removal along Westfield Blvd 26-Feb-2017 (sent to residents along the canal and Westfield Blvd.) notification-card-phase3b3-vm
- AECOM Response to Town Board Comments on Draft Report 15-Feb-2017 memo-to-mr-bennett-town-of-rocky-ripple-responses-2-15v3
- AECOM Final Review and Assessment of the Indianapolis North Levee System, Rocky Ripple Area Feb 2017 infdrp-study-rocky-ripple_aecom-feb-2017